Join Our Team
The Westview Associates has been contracted to perform a Retained Search for the next Controller at the Longwood Foundation. Since 1937, the Longwood Foundation has invested in the quality of life and the future of the state of Delaware and southern Chester County, Pennsylvania. Through grants and creative philanthropic leadership, the Foundation addresses challenges within the region by accelerating success in the non-profit sector. Those who work in the Foundation’s office work together to maximize Longwood’s impact primarily through the success of the beneficiary organizations.
This is a “hands-on” accounting and financial analysis position. The hired individual will be expected to exhibit the expertise and passion that is required to “lean in” to discover and implement strategies that will enhance the performance and growth of the Foundation.
The hired individual will perform tasks that include:
- Transactional Accounting and Closing the Books
- Financial Budgeting and Analysis
- Cash Flow Forecasting, Management, and Reporting
- Extensive Financial and Operational Analysis that is Reported to Senior Leadership and the Board
- Enhance and Manage Relationships with External Service Providers to maximize the Foundation’s assets. These external services include:
- Investment Management
- Treasury Functions
- External Accountants in the preparation of: Tax Compliance, Annual Audit, and 990’s
The ideal candidate will have professional expertise that include;
- Controller at a private foundation or non-profit organization OR
- Public or corporate accounting experience with an organization of at least the same financial scale (assets of roughly $750 million).
The targeted professional experience of the ideal applicant is at least 10 years. CPA with MBA preferred.
This position offers the potential for upward mobility and financial advancement. It reports to the President of the Foundation.
A PDF copy of this Controller position description can be viewed by clicking the button above.