Join Our Team
The Westview Associates has been contracted to perform a Retained Search for the next Controller at the Longwood Foundation. Since 1937, the Longwood Foundation has invested in the quality of life and the future of Delaware and southern Chester County, Pennsylvania. Through grants and creative philanthropic leadership, the Foundation addresses challenges within the region by accelerating success in the non-profit sector. Those who work in the Foundation’s office work together to maximize Longwood’s impact primarily through the success of the beneficiary organizations. This is a dynamic and rewarding career opportunity.
This is a “hands-on” accounting and financial analysis position at an organization with a team of five professionals and a $1.5 million annual operating budget. The hired individual will be expected to “lean in” and exhibit the passion for and commitment to our communities that is required to discover and implement strategies that will increase the impact of the Foundation’s work.
The hired individual will perform tasks that include:
- Transactional Accounting and Closing the Books
- Financial Budgeting and Analysis
- Cash Flow Forecasting, Management, and Reporting
- Extensive Financial and Operational Analysis that is Reported to Senior Leadership and the Board
- Enhance and Manage Relationships with External Service Providers to maximize the Foundation’s assets. These external services include:
- Investment Management
- Treasury Functions
- External Accountants in the preparation of: Tax Compliance, Annual Audit, and 990’s
The ideal candidate will have professional expertise that include;
- Controller or accounting leader at a private foundation/family office or non-profit organization OR
- Public or corporate accounting experience
The targeted professional experience of the ideal applicant is at least 5 years of transactional accounting achievement. CPA with MBA preferred.
A PDF copy of this Controller position description can be viewed by clicking the button above.